Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted icloud photos

Hi,

i accidentally deleted photos on my phone while it was "ICLOUD on" photos which i also deleted from recently deleted. Now they are nowhere to be found. Is there any way to restore my photos?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 8:05 AM

Hi afaq134,

If the recently deleted photo does not appear there then the photo has been permanently deleted. Do you use iCloud for Photos? If So, then the photo is deleted permanently.

If you do not use iCloud for photos AND you have a backup of your iPhone when that recently photo existed, then you can restore your iPhone from that backup and recover the photo.

NOTE: If you restore your iPhone from a backup file then your iPhone will be restored to what it was at the time of that backup file.

Hope this can be useful for you

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 8:05 AM in response to afaq134

Hi afaq134,

If the recently deleted photo does not appear there then the photo has been permanently deleted. Do you use iCloud for Photos? If So, then the photo is deleted permanently.

If you do not use iCloud for photos AND you have a backup of your iPhone when that recently photo existed, then you can restore your iPhone from that backup and recover the photo.

NOTE: If you restore your iPhone from a backup file then your iPhone will be restored to what it was at the time of that backup file.

Hope this can be useful for you

deleted icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.