Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing problems with Strava and activities/health

I find the the activities app and the health app seem to randomly take either a long time to sync or that it never syncs.

Sometimes a Strava workout will show up right away and sometimes only after a long time or sometimes not at all.

I have all the options set to allow the syncing from Strava to health/activities apps

Sometimes if I restart the apps it syncs and sometime it takes a reboot of my phone. And tonight it seems it isn’t going to sync at all😡

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 8:45 PM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2020 10:40 AM in response to jerryshields

Hello jerryshields,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are having issues with Strava syncing with the Health and Activity apps on your iPhone. We would recommend taking a look at the steps in this support article to resolve issues with a third party app on your iPhone.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Best regards.

Dec 7, 2020 9:26 AM in response to mingoslkd

So the answer was not at all helpful as I have already done all those steps. This problem seems to be that the syncing does not happen consistently, but sometimes requires q lot of fiddling with quitting and restarting the activities, health or strava apps and also showing the activities app on my Apple watch to get the sync to occur. There is never just ONE way it always works, but with some combination of the above steps (sometimes restarting the iPhone) it eventually syncs.

Also, I find that many times it will register the strava activity in the list of workouts for the day but the exercise minutes are not correct for the set of workouts and/or the calories are not correctly summed up.

Many time the activity will be registered and the exercise rig will be updated, but the move ring won't be updated until I display the activity app on my watch or toggle back and forth among days on the activities app on the phone.

Syncing problems with Strava and activities/health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.