You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call button not working when number is tagged with custom name under contacts

Downloaded and installed iOS 14.1 on iphone11. I saved one of my contact number and Number is tagged as "Phone" (Custom added). if I tag any number as Phone under contacts "call" button is not working. look like broken in 14.1

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 11:44 AM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, smheman!

It sounds like when you make a custom label for a contact, you're unable to make an outgoing call to them from the contact. Check out these steps to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you’re running the latest software version available for your iPhone. Also, follow the steps in this article for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit the Contacts app. Once it’s closed, Restart your iPhone.

Does this happen when you use the standard Phone label for the contact (i.e. mobile or iPhone)? Does this happen with all contacts or with a specific one?

Let us know the results and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2020 11:44 AM in response to smheman

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, smheman!

It sounds like when you make a custom label for a contact, you're unable to make an outgoing call to them from the contact. Check out these steps to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you’re running the latest software version available for your iPhone. Also, follow the steps in this article for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and quit the Contacts app. Once it’s closed, Restart your iPhone.

Does this happen when you use the standard Phone label for the contact (i.e. mobile or iPhone)? Does this happen with all contacts or with a specific one?

Let us know the results and have a great day!

Call button not working when number is tagged with custom name under contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.