Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor cannot be opened because of a problem.

Every time I try to run Compressor I get this message "Compressor cannot be opened because of a problem." My system is El Capitan and compressor 4.2.

I already tried all the basic guidelines and nothing works , What could be the problem? This is the report:

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudioKit.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudioKit

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 2:07 AM

This is about Final City Pero but the same problem impacts Compressor on older systems, caused by an iTunes update.

https://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/32665-fcpx-crashes-on-export?start=20#110432

You need to replace the new mobiledevices.framework with the old one. 

1. Restart your Mac in Recovery mode (Command + R) and run Terminal

2. Type "csrutil disable" without the quotation marks and enter.

3. Reboot your Mac

4. Go to where the framework is the system Library. The framework is here

5. Delete the framework folder. 

6. "here i share my framework with you guys drive.google.com/file/d/1yZ46zcOC7b43ISi...82V/view?usp=sharing" From the fcp.co thread. Someone has shared the old framework, or if you have a Time Machine backup you can get the old framework from there

7. Move the old framework back in the place it was.

8. Try FCPX.

9. If works reboot in Recovery mode, run Terminal and type "csrutil enable" without quotations and Enter

10. Reboot again. 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 2:07 AM in response to optika

This is about Final City Pero but the same problem impacts Compressor on older systems, caused by an iTunes update.

https://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/32665-fcpx-crashes-on-export?start=20#110432

You need to replace the new mobiledevices.framework with the old one. 

1. Restart your Mac in Recovery mode (Command + R) and run Terminal

2. Type "csrutil disable" without the quotation marks and enter.

3. Reboot your Mac

4. Go to where the framework is the system Library. The framework is here

5. Delete the framework folder. 

6. "here i share my framework with you guys drive.google.com/file/d/1yZ46zcOC7b43ISi...82V/view?usp=sharing" From the fcp.co thread. Someone has shared the old framework, or if you have a Time Machine backup you can get the old framework from there

7. Move the old framework back in the place it was.

8. Try FCPX.

9. If works reboot in Recovery mode, run Terminal and type "csrutil enable" without quotations and Enter

10. Reboot again. 

Nov 4, 2020 11:55 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, thanks for all the tips! my FCPx and compressor are working again! 🙌🏻

For third time I did all the steps and somehow this time it worked :) I guess I was using the wrong path ... and the wrong framework file.

Just to take into account, now the app store is asking me to update itunes which I think is what causes the conflict , for now I'm not going to update anything.

Also I read in a forum: avoid to transfer files phone to laptop via airdrop cause it also creates the same conflict, not sure if it is true ...

Compressor cannot be opened because of a problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.