Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos markup on iPad Pro 3rd generation ipados 14.1

When I try using markup on a photo , after completing adding text , I get the error Unable to save try later.

I have tried later and same on older photo.

I did the same markup using an Original IPAD air running 12.4.8 and it works.

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 5:12 PM

Hi there Kenfromwa,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with markup edits not saving on your iPad Pro running iPadOS 14.1, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, update your iPad Pro to iPadOS 14.2, if you haven't already: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists after updating, restart your iPad, and try again.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2020 5:12 PM in response to Kenfromwa

Hi there Kenfromwa,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with markup edits not saving on your iPad Pro running iPadOS 14.1, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, update your iPad Pro to iPadOS 14.2, if you haven't already: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists after updating, restart your iPad, and try again.

Cheers!

photos markup on iPad Pro 3rd generation ipados 14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.