Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PS5 dualsense compatibility issue.

Is Playstation 5 dualsense controller compatible with iOS 14.1?

The PS4 dualshock 4 pairs with bluetooth fine, but PS5 dualsense does not show up under bluetooth / my devices or pairs up.

I use PS5 dualsense for mobile gaming on my iphone Xs, I also tried to go through "PS Remote Play" app and no luck there either.

Any suggestion.

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 7:08 AM

My experience till now:

tldr; doesn't work on any Apple device I've tested yet.

iPadOS 14.3 beta 2: PS5 Dualsense is not discoverable via bluetooth.

iPadOS 14.3 beta 2: Lighting to USB C connection doesn't work.

macOS Big Sur 11.0.3: Discoverable via bluetooth, connect fine, doesn't function

macOS Big Sur 11.0.3: USB C to USB C connection recognises the controller but doesn't function.

iPadOS 14.2: Not discoverable via bluetooth.

iPadOS 14.2: Lighting to USB C connection doesn't work.

50 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 7:08 AM in response to 3LeggedLamb

My experience till now:

tldr; doesn't work on any Apple device I've tested yet.

iPadOS 14.3 beta 2: PS5 Dualsense is not discoverable via bluetooth.

iPadOS 14.3 beta 2: Lighting to USB C connection doesn't work.

macOS Big Sur 11.0.3: Discoverable via bluetooth, connect fine, doesn't function

macOS Big Sur 11.0.3: USB C to USB C connection recognises the controller but doesn't function.

iPadOS 14.2: Not discoverable via bluetooth.

iPadOS 14.2: Lighting to USB C connection doesn't work.

Dec 15, 2020 1:46 AM in response to tierno256

So an update this morning. I've installed the regular public rollout (not beta) version of IOS 14.3 on my iPhone 12. Surprise surprise, it still doesn't support PS5 controller compatibility. The remote still does not appear in bluetooth settings when in pairing mode. So IOS 14.3 still doesn't seem to support the PS5 DualSense controller.

*The remote is also running the latest PS5 firmware which was released a few days ago.

Jan 29, 2021 3:08 PM in response to 3LeggedLamb

Let history show that nearly 3 months later, nobody from apple has come by to explain why the basic features from DualShock4 are not supported. We cannot even use the controller purely for input. They should either provide an estimate or state formally that they never intend to support it. This is not how a technology company should handle these questions.

PS5 dualsense compatibility issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.