Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft office 365 issue with MAC 10.11

microsoft upgrade tells me to upgrade office 365 but needs 10.13 or later and I have 10.11, my laptop is 5 years old and I can't upgrade more - help!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 3:30 AM

You can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, or to Catalina 10.15.7 on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Use only the Safari browser with those links. Because Catalina accepts strictly 64-bit applications, some of your older applications may not be supported without 64-bit compatible updates by the respective vendor, or replacement applications with comparable functionality. Use the free, Go64 software to determine which applications are 64-bit and those that are not.

Never perform an upgrade with less than 25 GB of free storage remaining on your Mac that you determined from performing a Get Info on your startup drive icon on your Desktop. Never perform an upgrade without first running a Time Machine backup on the existing installation, and I also prefer to boot into Recovery and perform a Disk Utility First Aid on the boot drive before an upgrade.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 3:30 AM in response to apple_n

You can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, or to Catalina 10.15.7 on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Use only the Safari browser with those links. Because Catalina accepts strictly 64-bit applications, some of your older applications may not be supported without 64-bit compatible updates by the respective vendor, or replacement applications with comparable functionality. Use the free, Go64 software to determine which applications are 64-bit and those that are not.

Never perform an upgrade with less than 25 GB of free storage remaining on your Mac that you determined from performing a Get Info on your startup drive icon on your Desktop. Never perform an upgrade without first running a Time Machine backup on the existing installation, and I also prefer to boot into Recovery and perform a Disk Utility First Aid on the boot drive before an upgrade.

microsoft office 365 issue with MAC 10.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.