Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with adding text

Whenever I add text to a video I am editing in iMovie, it causes the video to turn black and the text doesn't even show up. But then the video will start playing again after the text duration. How do I fix this?

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:01 PM

Hi, aniveaaa,

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can add text without the video turning black.

If no succes, try creating a new project and see if iMovie functions correctly in the new project.

— Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 8:01 PM in response to aniveaaa

Hi, aniveaaa,

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can add text without the video turning black.

If no succes, try creating a new project and see if iMovie functions correctly in the new project.

— Rich

Trouble with adding text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.