Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new iphone and now i can't email videos, it says too big?

my iphone 11 pro max won't allow me to send short videos, says too big. what to do?

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 9:11 AM

If you are emailing from an Apple hosted account (iCloud, ME, MAC, etc) if the attachment is too large to send via email you will be offered an option called Mail Drop that will save the attachment in the cloud, where the recipient can download it. gmail has a similar service. Otherwise, most ISPs have a limit, usually 10 MB, on the size of an email+attachments.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 9:11 AM in response to lindagarden

If you are emailing from an Apple hosted account (iCloud, ME, MAC, etc) if the attachment is too large to send via email you will be offered an option called Mail Drop that will save the attachment in the cloud, where the recipient can download it. gmail has a similar service. Otherwise, most ISPs have a limit, usually 10 MB, on the size of an email+attachments.

Nov 6, 2020 8:57 AM in response to lindagarden

lindagarden wrote:

Terrible answer. Not helpful. I’ll ask others

all mail provider has set limit on the size you can email, in your case the video exceeds that limit.

In that situation you find another alternative to share that video, like drop box, one drive etc.. IF you don't what these methods are google them.

When you reply back with terrible answer it implies you have no clue on how things work.

Nov 6, 2020 1:20 PM in response to lindagarden

I am so sorry you can’t read. That is exactly what I said in my post. I’ll repeat what I said:

If you are emailing from an Apple hosted account (iCloud, ME, MAC, etc) if the attachment is too large to send via email you will be offered an option called Mail Drop that will save the attachment in the cloud, where the recipient can download it.

But since you keep saying that no posts are helpful it’s likely that no more volunteers in this user to user forum will bother to try to help you further.

i got a new iphone and now i can't email videos, it says too big?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.