Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 sim locked

I have a iPhone 11 that I bought off a guy the phone was still in the box and was told never used. I put my sim card in it and “sim not supported” shows up. I call apple and they couldn’t help me but tracked the phones Serial number to be a t mobile phone but never had service attached to it. So I go and call them up asking for a unlock request and they said it’s not possible because a account was never made with this phone but told me through the imei number that the phone is indeed unlocked. In setting under carrier lock it says sim is locked and am unable to use with my current provider.

please help me at least find a path in the right direction

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Are you sure the SIM you have is a good one that will work with your model iPhone?

Contact your carrier to double-check.

Learn which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses - Apple Support

If it is a valid SIM but won't work, it may be locked to T-Mobile regardless of what they say and you will have to work the issue with them; certainly they should be able to pop in a T-Mobile SIM and see how the phone comes up on their system.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Micah7841

Are you sure the SIM you have is a good one that will work with your model iPhone?

Contact your carrier to double-check.

Learn which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses - Apple Support

If it is a valid SIM but won't work, it may be locked to T-Mobile regardless of what they say and you will have to work the issue with them; certainly they should be able to pop in a T-Mobile SIM and see how the phone comes up on their system.

iPhone 11 sim locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.