Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

I can not open my Apple ID section at the top of my settings why is this?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 12:55 PM

Hi there tameka194,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see you're running into an issue accessing your Apple ID. It's always important to be able to access your settings, and we can help.

If you're finding that the Apple ID section of Settings is grayed out, it's likely due to a content restriction. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Then scroll all the way down and make sure that Account Changes is set to "Allow." You should then be able to access your Apple ID settings!

Let us know if this helps.

Have a good day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 12:55 PM in response to tameka194

Hi there tameka194,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see you're running into an issue accessing your Apple ID. It's always important to be able to access your settings, and we can help.

If you're finding that the Apple ID section of Settings is grayed out, it's likely due to a content restriction. Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Then scroll all the way down and make sure that Account Changes is set to "Allow." You should then be able to access your Apple ID settings!

Let us know if this helps.

Have a good day.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.