Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stops sending phone call and text notifications to Apple Watch

Ever since the iOS14 update, my iPhone periodically stops sending notifications to Apple Watch (no phone calls or texts). I can temporarily fix this by quitting all active applications and then restarting the iPhone. After some period of time, though, it recurs. It doesn't seem to be hardware-related. It started when I was using an iPhone X and Apple Watch 4. I've subsequently upgraded both (iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch 6). Is anyone else having similar issues? Does anyone have a more permanent fix?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:28 AM

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 6:28 AM in response to Timothy Fields1

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Nov 6, 2020 6:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for the post, but this is not my problem. I should have been more explicit in my post.

Let me clarify...

When my iPhone is locked and in my pocket or in some other place, the correct behavior occurs at first, i.e., I see phone call or text notifications on my Watch. However, after some period of time, however, this stops. Despite my iPhone being locked or asleep and my Watch unlocked, I will NOT see the notifications on my Watch. The only way I can get the correct behavior to occur again is to quit all apps and reboot iPhone, as I mentioned.

iPhone stops sending phone call and text notifications to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.