Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving notifications on Apple Watch but not iPhone

Hello - I’ve read several threads that ask this question, but I haven’t been satisfied with the answer and am certain there is a solution to my problem.

Prior to Dec 31st, 2022, I had the iPhone 11, paired with Apple Watch 7 series. At that time, I was able to get notifications on the watch with a vibration AND sound of notifications to my iPhone.

Now I’ve switched to iPhone 12, paired with the same Apple Watch and this same setup won’t work.

I had iOS 16.2 on both phones.

Surely this community knows a way for me to fix this? Particularly knowing it worked for me until a few weeks ago? Please help. It’s driving me crazy not having sounds or vibrations even on my phone when I’m wearing my Apple Watch.

If there truly isn’t a solution, how do I log a request with Apple to bring this option back?

Thank you!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:30 AM

"....I was able to get notifications on the watch with a vibration AND sound of notifications to my iPhone. ...."

I think you may be mis-remembering. To my knowledge that has never been possible apart from actual phone calls which ring on both by default

• If the phone is in use (open) then you get notifications on the phone.
  • If the phone is locked you get notifications on the Watch
  • If you go into each notification and use Custom and disallow notifications they go to the phone always and not to the Watch

If you want this feature Click here > Product Feedback - Apple

NB put your OS and iOS versions etc in the problem text box as the dropdowns are usually out of date.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 3:30 AM in response to tdbass

"....I was able to get notifications on the watch with a vibration AND sound of notifications to my iPhone. ...."

I think you may be mis-remembering. To my knowledge that has never been possible apart from actual phone calls which ring on both by default

• If the phone is in use (open) then you get notifications on the phone.
  • If the phone is locked you get notifications on the Watch
  • If you go into each notification and use Custom and disallow notifications they go to the phone always and not to the Watch

If you want this feature Click here > Product Feedback - Apple

NB put your OS and iOS versions etc in the problem text box as the dropdowns are usually out of date.

Receiving notifications on Apple Watch but not iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.