Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text fail to multiple recipients

I have twice had an issue when I have sent a text to more than one person and the message failed to send. In fact only one failed but I cannot tell which of the two recipients did not get the message. The first time it was to an old college friend and I got a jocular request to have myself tested for possible dementia as he had received 7 identical messages in 10 minutes, as I assumed neither person received the message and just kept clicking’Try again’! Is there a way to tell which person got the message or should I just send separate texts?

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:31 AM

Send separate texts. There is no way of knowing directly through your iPhone, who got it and who didn't.

According to my experience the only time the iPhone does not send SMS is when the phone number format stored in your contacts list is stored incorrectly.

Delete the contact and add again.

2 replies

Nov 6, 2020 6:46 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for that and separate texts it is! I will check the numbers, but there is still the issue in the previous case of mine where one number was definitely correct - because I got the sarky reply! - but that reply was the only way I could tell that it was the ‘other’ one which had failed. Is it worth me feeding back to Apple, perhaps to suggest the the program is developed to flag the precise contact that has failed?

Text fail to multiple recipients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.