Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have some photos on my mac from a phone, how do i zip them up

I don't know how to open "iphoto" I dont have "icloud" on this machine (well I have not got the time to mess with it since it's complicated) I just want to zip a few of them them up and then email the zip. I am in the "photos" app if thats the right word for it. the pics are un a new album called "untitled album".

I need to apparently "export" them from my imported photos, but I'm at a loss, have been holding down CTRL and not getting any extended menus. Celar steps or screenshots only please, I am really dense at anything mac related. I'm on Catalina.

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 8:27 AM

Hi

In photos, Select all the photos.

In the file menu select export>export xxx photos.

In the next window select your file type, image size and quality. Suggest full size and best quality.

In the next window say where to save them. Suggest create a folder on the desktop.

Open finder

Go to folder on desktop

Select all the files.

Right click (or ctrl click if you only have on button)

Select Compress xxx items

Done.

EDIT - image menu above corrected to file menu

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 8:27 AM in response to conradbraam

Hi

In photos, Select all the photos.

In the file menu select export>export xxx photos.

In the next window select your file type, image size and quality. Suggest full size and best quality.

In the next window say where to save them. Suggest create a folder on the desktop.

Open finder

Go to folder on desktop

Select all the files.

Right click (or ctrl click if you only have on button)

Select Compress xxx items

Done.

EDIT - image menu above corrected to file menu

Nov 9, 2020 3:14 AM in response to TonyCollinet

The "export" menu never appears when I click anywhere and when using multiple mouse button combos; while I am in the "photos" app?, which I believe is not the same as being in the iPhoto editor app, which I've never used.

What worked:

I ended up dragging the photos onto my desktop, and then right-clicking and zipping them up. I then had a messy collection of photos on my desktop because the Apple desktop by default dumps stuff volcano style, so my OCD deleted those after I emailed them. It just took substantially longer than expected because I could not figure out how to locate the photos from a normal "file-open" browsing dialog even after I got confused by creating an "album" which did not make them any easier to email.

How much cloud storage do I get for free? That route might have made it easier I guess.

I have some photos on my mac from a phone, how do i zip them up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.