Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer iPhotos to a picture folder?

I've got hundreds of iPhotos on my Mac mini running Monterey but I want them stored as jpg or jpeg files in a Pictures folder. At present I can't drag and drop an iPhoto, nor will it allow me to add an iPhoto to an email, so they're absolutely useless as far as sending to family members, proof of identity etc. I've done this conversion before but forgotten how to do it. As an example I've taken some selfies on my iPhone as part of a verification process for opening an account. They provide the link to upload these, but I can't drag and drop the iPhoto concerned, nor can I attach I, t as iPhoto files do not appear under my Finder window. Can anyone help please?

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 9:25 AM

Dragging from the browser will export the current preview, which may be of a lesser resolution than the original image file. I would only use drag and drop, if the quality does not matter and you are keeping the high resolution original in Photos, but not when you want to archive and save your photos. Then "File > Export > Export unmodified original" will give youths best quality. And if you want to save the edited versions use "File > Export > Export ... photos", and pick the original size and a very high quality in the export dialog.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 9:25 AM in response to muguy

Dragging from the browser will export the current preview, which may be of a lesser resolution than the original image file. I would only use drag and drop, if the quality does not matter and you are keeping the high resolution original in Photos, but not when you want to archive and save your photos. Then "File > Export > Export unmodified original" will give youths best quality. And if you want to save the edited versions use "File > Export > Export ... photos", and pick the original size and a very high quality in the export dialog.

How can I transfer iPhotos to a picture folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.