Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Perfect shapes/auto shapes not working via Markup in iOS 14.1?

Hey all - I got my new iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.1 and one of the first things I did is try drawing a shape (a heart) via photo Markup, and as promised, the shape automatically transformed into a perfect heart.

Fast forward to 2 weeks later, and the function has seemed to stop working? Whenever I draw a shape in Markup (whether through Messages, Mail or Photos), it does not transform anymore. I've tried multiple shapes, all drawn in one stroke, but none work. Similarly, I upgraded to iOS 14.1 on a second device (iPhone 11), but the perfect shapes do not work there either.

Is there a setting I somehow missed or turned off? I feel like I'm missing something really simple here. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 12:50 PM

SOLVED: small but important detail on how to do this. You need to HOLD your finger in place a second or two AFTER you draw your shape. I feel dumb but I also feel like the official Apple instructions don't really mention this detail anywhere? Might be useful for apparent luddites such as myself.

Similar questions

1 reply

Perfect shapes/auto shapes not working via Markup in iOS 14.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.