Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shapes at annotation tool are not working with apple pencil on iPad

Hello All,

I am using apple iPad (7th gen) with latest iPadOS 13.5.1 and apple pencil (1st gen) with latest firmware 2.61.

I am facing a problem with the annotation tool, here at annotation tool, there are shapes and annotation feature i.e. eclipse, rectangle etc. .When I am using shape annotation feature with my finger, these are working perfectly. But when I am using these shape annotation feature with my Apple Pencil then these are not working properly. It is just placing the shape in the middle of pdf page ( using books) and not able to move or resize shapes with Apple Pencil.

Please refer the screenshot. I placed the rectangle with help on annotation tool, shape option comes when we click on ‘+’ at bottom annotation tool. Further I am not able to move and resize it with Apple Pencil.

I did followed

1. Restart device multiple times

2. Used update option in iPad recovery mode using iTunes at Mac PC

3. Firmware update for Apple Pencil, although it already up do date

4. I also changed the tip of pencil

but it also not helped. I contacted support team multiple time but got no help for the issue.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 9:16 AM

Hello,

This is not a known problem. I ask that you please submit a bug report, using the following link, so Apple can address it in a future system update.

Apple Product Feedback

Similar questions

2 replies

shapes at annotation tool are not working with apple pencil on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.