Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows installation on MacOS

Hello,

So I used boot camp to instal Windows 10 on my Mac but when I tried installing it takes me to the install screen and give me an error messages saying the install could not be completed and that I need to restart but when I restart it gives me the same message in an endless loop and I can’t get back to MacOS I’m just stuck on this screen

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 6:25 AM

Your Mac has a firmware password set. See Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support. If you do not know the password, you will need to set up an appointment with the Apple Store (or an AASP) and provide proof of ownership, before it can be unlocked.

11 replies

Nov 6, 2020 7:43 PM in response to Urboik

Urboik wrote:

-Mac 13 (2015)
-Catalina 15.01/3 (roughly)
-Windows 10 Home

Can you upgrade to Catalina 10.15.7?

im stuck on a windows loading screen and every time and error message pops up that says there was a problem installing
when I try to go into safe mode I either get error code: 0xc0000001 or 0xc0000089

Which version of Windows are you trying to install? What is the W10 ISO filename?

Nov 6, 2020 7:47 PM in response to Loner T

Well since I’m stuck I literally can’t leave the one screen so I won’t be able to update to 10.15.7

I belive that the version of windows I’m trying to download is Windows 10 (standard) I don’t remember the exact file name but I belive it was the 64 bit version that’s the most info I remember

Nov 6, 2020 7:50 PM in response to Urboik

Urboik wrote:

Well since I’m stuck I literally can’t leave the one screen so I won’t be able to update to 10.15.7

Power down the Mac, reboot and hold Alt/Option and choose macOS, if available.

I belive that the version of windows I’m trying to download is Windows 10 (standard) I don’t remember the exact file name but I belive it was the 64 bit version that’s the most info I remember

If macOS comes up, we can check what is the ISO file name.

Windows installation on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.