Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now I can't print to my HP LaserJet 3600N. Now your pissin me off. Says a driver security issue. I've been using this for years!

Now your pissin me off. Says a driver security issue. I've been using this Hp printer for years! I don't wish to buy another HP laser jet printer. At this point, I'm wondering if I want to keep my Apple.

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:53 PM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2020 11:36 PM in response to sportbikesteve

The HP Laserjet 3600N support page at HP only lists Mac OS X 10.6 as being supported for this printer.

And the last set of firmware and drivers were released in 2006, so you are very lucky it has been printing

all these years. Click on the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-3600-printer-series/501044/model/501046

You could try downloading and installing the mac firmware that is offered.

Once installed reset your printing system.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Also try the HP Smart app available through the App Store download and run

it should walk you through setting your printer up and check for any new software,

but with such an old printer it may not.

If that is the case you will need to ask HP.

Nov 8, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Irony of ironies. I hooked up the MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.7 directly to my printer via serial usb cable and hit ‘print’. The Mac asked me if I wanted to download the printer driver from Apple, ‘YES’ please!

It downloaded and installed the driver enabling me to print via cable after selecting the correct printer. Cool.

Then I removed the cable, and tried to print after switching back to the printer ID that’s on my network. It worked!

So I’m back to printing wirelessly on my network again using a TPLink wireless access point for a printer server. Hallelujah.

Now I can't print to my HP LaserJet 3600N. Now your pissin me off. Says a driver security issue. I've been using this for years!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.