Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Color LaserJet MFP printer not working with Ventura

Since upgrading my Mac Mini to Ventura a few months ago, every time I try to print from either my Mac Mini or Macbook Air it just says "printer is in use" with no resolution. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail and can't use AirPrint either. The only way I can print is from the Dropbox app on my phone. I CAN scan from HP Smart, but cannot print from it on my computers. It looks like a lot of users have had issues with HP not playing well with Ventura but I haven't seen any posts with my issue. I've got the most current version of HP Smart and have downloaded the HP firmware update but when I try to open it it says "“HP Firmware Updater” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." Has anyone found a workaround, or am I just SOL until HP updates their stuff? It's really unsustainable to not be able to print directly from my computer.

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 11:48 AM

Hello MaroonIron,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you need help with your HP Printer. We completely understand why you'd reach out, and are happy to help.

The following article has some information that may help you resolve this issue. It's found in the HP forums but seems to help resolve this issue:

Mac printing - "printer is in use" forever

Please have a look and let us know if this helps! 

Cheers! 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 11:48 AM in response to MaroonIron

Hello MaroonIron,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you need help with your HP Printer. We completely understand why you'd reach out, and are happy to help.

The following article has some information that may help you resolve this issue. It's found in the HP forums but seems to help resolve this issue:

Mac printing - "printer is in use" forever

Please have a look and let us know if this helps! 

Cheers! 

HP Color LaserJet MFP printer not working with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.