Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Adobe Photo Elements with iOS problem

I'm using since many years Adobe Photoshop Elements to manage my 60.000 images on my PC running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

A nice feature of Photoshop Elements is the possibility to import (using iTunes) to the iPhone the Elements albums which are then shown as albums on the iPhone.

This way I can locate pretty fast any image (out of 30k) on my iPhone that I have imported on my iPhone.

Since upgrading the iOS from 13.7 to 14.1 I have lost this possibility. Here is a screenshot of iTunes that shows no albums with iOS 14.1 (and in the mean time, also 14.2):

Using iOS 13.7 and earlier versions I would see a screen like this which allowed me to select any Photoshop Elements album(s) and upload the album(s) to my iPhone:

Has anyone else come across this problem too lately?

I tried iTunes 12.6 and latest 12.10.10.2 but problem seems to be related to the iOS version.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:44 AM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2020 4:02 PM in response to sjakie 4U

Hello sjakie 4U,

Thank you for connecting with us. We know it's important to sync your photos from your computer to your iPhone so you can access them anytime you need to. We're happy to look into this with you.

From the information you provided, we can see the option to select albums to sync is no longer available. Have you also updated Photoshop to the latest version? This may help with these issues.

Please check with the app developer for more options: Adobe Help Center

Have a great day!

Nov 19, 2020 2:13 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff,

As the problem is clearly an Apple issue, I would appreciate your effort to work with the iOS/iTunes developers to find a solution to this issue.

Please notice the problem appears in iTunes when the iPhone is connected via USB cable to the Windows 10 computer. iTunes does recognize the Photoshop Elements option, but does not allow anymore to import pictures into the iPhone under iOS 14.1 and 14.2

Have a great weekend!

Dec 31, 2020 12:08 PM in response to sjakie 4U

Although the upload of photos to the iPhone from my PC is now possible, I discovered that iTunes was using the old PSE2020 catalog and not my current PSE2021 catalog!!

Somehow the information which albums in PSE should be imported into the iPhone is "hardwired" and is using this path and file:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Jack2020\catalog.pse18db instead of using:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Jack\catalog.pse19db

As a workaround I did copy the catalog.pse19db file into the Jack2020 directory and renamed catalog.pse18db into catalog.pse18db-old and catalog.pse19db into catalog.pse18db.

(in order for this renaming to be possible, I had to end the task of the Elementsautocreations2021 service in the Task Manager)

Has anyone an idea who is to blame here? Apple for not looking at the right place or Adobe for not supplying the correct information?

Using Adobe Photo Elements with iOS problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.