You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Internet on LTE - IPhone 12 iOS 14.2

I am only able to access the internet on Wifi. LTE does not work despite having at least 2 bars. I have done a signal strengths field test and signals were in an acceptable range. My cellular data is set to LTE. I have reset my network connection. I upgraded to iOS 14.2 and restarted my phone. This seems to be a device or software issue. Help!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 5:54 AM

65 replies

Sep 7, 2021 4:51 PM in response to Howlnfox

FIRST, answer the questions in my previous post.

• Do you have any sort of “protection” software or antivirus on your phone (e.g., Norton, AVG, Avast, ? If you do, delete it.
  • Go to Settings/Cellular and make sure it is turned on, and the switches for the apps you want to use are turned on.
  • Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. Do you see Profiles? If you do, tap on it and then tap on and delete any profiles you see.

Sep 7, 2021 8:20 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I did answer your question in the first post, but let me be more specific.

1. Yes, my Cellular is on for Instagram. Again, I’ve done that several times, as well as made sure my Cellular was on for numerous other apps and that the Voice/Date was set for LTE.
  2. I do not have any protection software on my iPhone.
  3. There is no other Profiles on this phone.
  4. The internet connection error/no connection happens intermittently and randomly, regardless on my LTE Signal strength, which leads me to believe this is an Apple software problem and not a service problem.

Sep 7, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Herebcuzimnothappy

I have been having the exact same issue on an iPhone Xs Max that is fully upgraded to iOS 14.7.1. I'm providing a screenshot of this, as I've been in connect with Verizon and they are not the problem. Please note that I did remove my personal information from this shot, but the signal strength is clearly available and so is the "No Internet Connection" error at the bottom. Please address this immediately, as this is clearly an issue.

Jan 3, 2021 5:27 AM in response to JCD_

As mentioned, I did nothing. I tried everything recommended here and in other locations and nothing helped. I had already removed the 5G as option way before I started the thread. Although my service provider continues to deny they did anything, it seems as though they were the problem. I stoped bring anything for a couple of days and like magic, the problem went away.

Jan 20, 2021 4:28 AM in response to NicGriffi

I am having the same issue not connected, even though I am connected, little WiFi symbol in the top next to battery power does not show up. Last week I upgraded from iPhone 7 to 12. Verizon even gave me a new iPhone and same problem. Happened when I downloaded and set up my backup from iCloud. I’m very frustrated. Been dealing with this for over a week. I need help

Feb 5, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Herebcuzimnothappy

I am on my second iPhone 12 in a month because of the internet issues. I was hoping it was just the device that was messing up because I spoke to many reps with my carrier and tried everything they could think of to fix it but it turns out it was not the device because the new device I have now is doing the same thing. Mine will not work well on cellular data or on wifi.

Feb 6, 2021 6:53 AM in response to Herebcuzimnothappy

I had this problem too. I had several bars, indication of LTE or 5G when in a network area, but my new iPhone 12 Pro wouldn't connect. I spent 2 hours with three different VERIZON techs all having me do the same things; reset networks to factory settings, turn airplane mode off and one, turn on roaming data, blah, blah, blah... Then is dawned on me what the problem was... NORTON 360!!! I tried resetting certain parameters and even deactivated everything, but that didn't fix it. The I DELETED NORTON 360 and IT WORKED!!! I did that and everything worked fine. The next day after I finally calmed down, I figured that since Norton 360 was transferred from my previous phone that didn't have 5G, perhaps if I reinstall Norton 360, it would still work because the settings would be automated based on the new iPhone 12. And YES, it worked!!!

Feb 10, 2021 8:03 PM in response to cjbebek

Thanks for the tip on VPN!.

I did have an update so updated to 14.4. Then I turned off the VPN (of which I have 2: Dashlane and McAfee). Then I turned off my wifi just to check and I could immediately do Google searches, stream Netflix, check TWC app. Turned VPN back on and nothing worked. At least for me, looks like it’s VPN issue on my phone. I’ll believe it for real when I go for a drive tomorrow and away from wifi! If I have anything new, I will update. Have had this phone about 10 days . Hated that my Waze wasn’t working. Oh, and also, turn ON roaming and make sure you select LTE and Not 5G in your settings.

No Internet on LTE - IPhone 12 iOS 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.