Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone have information about the six minute walk?

I have an iPhone SE 2 and Apple Watch 6 and I’m struggling to find out about the six minute walk. At the moment it seems that I need to have my phone with me and to be doing a workout in order to log data, and then it lists the iPhone as the only data source. None of the Apple help pages have anything about the subject an my web searches have failed to come up with much at all. Any help on the subject will be gratefully received.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 10:40 AM

I get that, but what I don’t know is whether I can get the data from my Apple Watch into the Health app, or do I need to rely on my iPhone and whichever it is how can I make sure that the Health app is updating correctly.

4 replies

Nov 7, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Community User

In the Health app is a category relating to the “six minute walk”, which is a measure of how far a person can walk in 6 minutes. Health units use it to measure relative fitness of an individual for various reasons, one of which is before major surgery because it can be one indication of survival chances. It appears in the Health app data on my iPhone but there isn’t much info about it. Mine only shows one reading sourced from my iPhone and I’m looking primarily for how to work it.

Anyone have information about the six minute walk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.