Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore "settings" app

I mistakenly deleted the "Settings" app.

iPhone 8 iOS 14

i am, however, able to tap middle of screen and swipe down to search, and the settings app appears there and can be used.

the settings icon however is not available on the home screen. i looked in all the folders, it's just gone.

is there a way to restore the icon without having to do a reset of home screen?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 6:30 AM

It seems like you removed the app (you can't delete the settings app) from your home screen: no worries, it's still available in your App Library; just swipe through your app pages until you get to the last page (App library); there, search for and drag the settings app back to your home screen.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 6:30 AM in response to Berkee

It seems like you removed the app (you can't delete the settings app) from your home screen: no worries, it's still available in your App Library; just swipe through your app pages until you get to the last page (App library); there, search for and drag the settings app back to your home screen.

Hope this helps.

restore "settings" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.