Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone backup

How can I manually back up my iPhone.? My iPhone has the current OS. I deleted all unused apps and most photos/videos. I turned off my iPhone and turned it back on. I am only using 2.8GB of 5GB. But when I select to manually backup, the message returned states "This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available."

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 8:57 AM

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ iPhone Storage : Here the screen will display how much storage space your iPhone occupies and it will break the list down related to the data. I believe that you will find that your iPhone will be taking up more space on iCloud than what is available in iCloud.

Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your name at Top) ➔ iCloud : Here you can turn OFF some Apps/data/photos/ for backup to reduce total space on iCloud.

Bottom line is that 5GB of iCloud space is not going to last for long. Even if you control it this time around and somehow fit the data on iCloud then in the very near future you will run out of space again. I believe that if you buy 50GB of iCloud storage then that will resolve this issue easily.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 8:57 AM in response to cbapraws

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ iPhone Storage : Here the screen will display how much storage space your iPhone occupies and it will break the list down related to the data. I believe that you will find that your iPhone will be taking up more space on iCloud than what is available in iCloud.

Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your name at Top) ➔ iCloud : Here you can turn OFF some Apps/data/photos/ for backup to reduce total space on iCloud.

Bottom line is that 5GB of iCloud space is not going to last for long. Even if you control it this time around and somehow fit the data on iCloud then in the very near future you will run out of space again. I believe that if you buy 50GB of iCloud storage then that will resolve this issue easily.

Axel F.

iphone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.