Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Movie Extras have vanished from iPhone SE (original)

Hello. I recently noticed iTunes Extras are no longer present on my iPhone SE (original). I can still watch all my films, the extras icon simply doesn’t appear any longer. They used to be there until quite recently but I think they may have disappeared with the IOS14 updates (.1/.2). Does anyone know if this is a permanent change?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 8:16 PM

Hey mattwinds,

We understand that you're not seeing the iTunes Extras for your purchases. Take a look at the following guid for some steps to take that should help: If you can't view your iTunes Extras

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers.

8 replies

Nov 11, 2020 10:43 PM in response to mattwinds

Hello.

Thank you for your help but I am still not seeing the Extras.

Strangely, I have noticed though that, very briefly, the extras icon appears on screen (when my phone is in landscape mode) but then goes before I have chance to select it. When this happens, if I restart the same movie, it is not there at all. (Sorry, I accidentally pressed the ‘correct answer’ button!)

Dec 11, 2020 6:40 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I’m having the same issue, I have tried all the troubleshooting guides and had emails upon emails of suggestions. Here is a suggestion, at Apple, download a movie with extras and you will see what we are seeing. My SE2016 used to show extras in landscape until recently. My ipad mini 2 displays them. For some reason when you tilt phone between portrait and landscape you can catch a glimpse of the work extras but it disappears and you cannot select it. I believe its an application issue that needs addressing.

Dec 11, 2020 10:03 PM in response to Benbrono9

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, this is exactly what I am experiencing - so it isn’t just me! I also have tried every recommendation but the problem remains. Like you, the extras are present on my other devices but no longer on my SE (original), it’s frustrating as the extras icon appears briefly but then disappears when in landscape mode. What is equally frustrating is that Roku devices now support AirPlay but I cannot view these extras on my TV by sending them from my phone.

Dec 24, 2020 1:56 AM in response to Brandamy77

Hello. Thanks for the reply. No, I haven’t found any solution yet, it’s really frustrating. I’m hoping an update will resolve this. I have discovered recently though, that a film I have added to my library, John Carpenter’s The Fog, has extras that can be viewed! It seems to be an anomaly though as films I’ve added after it, once again, aren’t displaying the extras...

iTunes Movie Extras have vanished from iPhone SE (original)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.