Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MSVCP140.dll et VCRuntime140.dll

Hello,

Recently i've tried to install a Windows 10 Bootcamp version for playing games. Unfortunately, when i launched an unofficial version of World of Warcraft (for Private server), i got an error message for missing msvcp140.dll and then vcruntime140.dll missing.

I tried many thing like downloading and adding the files manually into Windows System 32, or using the administrator command sfc /scannow, in order to check for corrupt files.

I may be wondering if that is due to missing WindowsSupport files in my D: file.

By the way i manage to got the error messages from appearing, but i still got a final screen, showing that the request timed out, so i really think it is due to the failed installation of these two files.

Thank you by advance for the help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 10:06 AM

11 replies

Nov 8, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you very much.

I tried that today by selecting to download it when i initiate the bootcamp installation.

Unfortunately i ran into a new issue, and that is when i reboot into windows after the installation with bootcamp, there is a message "No Booting Device -- Insert ISO disc or USB and press any key" or something like that.

I do indeed have the disc in a connected external drive with the WindowsIn, but i can't press any key to launch the installation, even after connecting a keyboard. I think the problem here, is that there is no driver to understand an Apple keyboard (like the one on my MacBook Pro and the one i try to connect via USB). Do you think i could resolve that issue with a non-Apple keyboard connected?

Nov 9, 2020 11:28 AM in response to Loner T

Yes, Windows seems to be installed successfully, since there is no error message after Assistant BootCamp has done partition my disk, and rewrite my connected external drive. It even restart my computer like expected, but then i come to that black screen with the message i mentioned.

I even tried to restart my computer (since i couldn't do anything else), keeping the Alt key pressed, and then i saw a Disk called EFI Boot that i launched my computer in (there was also my Mac Disc and also a Windows Disk that launched the black screen only). When i launched the EFI Boot, it started installing Windows but at some point it ask me to choose one of the disk to install Windows in (not sure, i don't remember well), but it says that none of the disk available are GPT, and i can't go further.

Nov 12, 2020 12:10 AM in response to Loner T

It's a 32Go USB key.

And it worked! I managed to install Windows with the USB2 Key, it was indeed an issue with my USB3 Key.

And i also managed to launch the app after installing both .dll files.

The issue was a problem, in the reading of the files in the Program. Once i undid the Read-only properties it finally worked.

Thank you greetly for your help!

MSVCP140.dll et VCRuntime140.dll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.