You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does iTunes Match store my music?

if I use iTunes Match, will my music still be on my devices or will they only be accessible if I have an internet connection?

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 1:37 PM

Your content will be where you put it. It can also live in the cloud in the same way that your purchase history does. For computers and iOS devices you can download cloud content so that it can be used when you are offline, or you can remove local downloads if desired to free up local storage, but then you are dependent on streaming. You should keep a full backup of your library so that you can can replace anything that is mismatched in iTunes Match, or that you might delete from the cloud in error.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2020 1:37 PM in response to Legacypluss

Your content will be where you put it. It can also live in the cloud in the same way that your purchase history does. For computers and iOS devices you can download cloud content so that it can be used when you are offline, or you can remove local downloads if desired to free up local storage, but then you are dependent on streaming. You should keep a full backup of your library so that you can can replace anything that is mismatched in iTunes Match, or that you might delete from the cloud in error.

tt2

Where does iTunes Match store my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.