Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I use iTunes Match, can I access all of my music without using memory space on my devices (or will it save a copy of all my music on each device)? For example, I have too much music to fit on my iPhone, etc.

If I use iTunes Match, can I access all of my music without using memory space on my devices (or will it save a copy of all my music on each device)? For example, I have too much music to fit on my iPhone. Would iTunes Match allow me to play my music on my iPhone by accessing it from cloud storage without filling my iPhone with music files?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 11:36 PM

Hi,

The music on your computer will be scanned to determine what music can be matched or needs to uploaded to your iCloud music library. Once this is done you turn on Sync Library.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music – Apple Support (UK)

All your music will be available to stream on all your devices. You can download specific music should you wish to play this when you have no internet connection.

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 11:36 PM in response to usaed

Hi,

The music on your computer will be scanned to determine what music can be matched or needs to uploaded to your iCloud music library. Once this is done you turn on Sync Library.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music – Apple Support (UK)

All your music will be available to stream on all your devices. You can download specific music should you wish to play this when you have no internet connection.

Jim

If I use iTunes Match, can I access all of my music without using memory space on my devices (or will it save a copy of all my music on each device)? For example, I have too much music to fit on my iPhone, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.