Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app in Catalina

I previously created hundreds of playlists in iTunes and I sporadically change the order the songs appear in. but i've come across a couple of issues since upgrading to Catalina and the new music app.

First, it looks like I can no longer have the option to change the columns of info in the Playlist view (I just have SONG, ALBUM, TIME). Have I missed the way you set that up with different columns?

Also, I can see that I can change the running order by selecting VIEW - SORT BY, but it now has very limited options (Playlist Order, Title, Genre, Year, Artist, Album, Time), so I cant rank by Rating, Composer, Beats per Minute etc.

I know I can still do these things in SONGS section, but not for a Playlist I have created. Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:23 PM

1Slew,

PLAYLIST view has very limited options. Put your playlists into SONGS view, and you can enable as many columns as you want. You can also use any enabled column to sort by, including BPM.

Similar questions

4 replies

Music app in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.