Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Bix

Hi, I want to buy my parents a Apple TV box but they don’t have an apple phone. Can I set up there Apple TV with a shared Apple ID? Use my Apple TV iD on there Apple TV?

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 11:40 PM

No iPhone (or other Apple device) is strictly needed to set up the Apple TV box.

You shouldn’t share an Apple ID account for many reasons. Apple treats it as a personal identifier for financial transactions, personal storage (e.g. photos), settings, preferences and recommendations. They should get their own Apple ID account.

If they don’t already have an Apple ID, they can create one on the Apple ID webpage. They would need one Apple ID to use Apple TV services, but two accounts could let them have their own personal content, play history and recommendations. For more information, see the Apple ID FAQ webpage.

Account management works best on an Apple device, or on a PC with the iTunes application, or on an Android with the Apple Music app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 11:40 PM in response to vito295

No iPhone (or other Apple device) is strictly needed to set up the Apple TV box.

You shouldn’t share an Apple ID account for many reasons. Apple treats it as a personal identifier for financial transactions, personal storage (e.g. photos), settings, preferences and recommendations. They should get their own Apple ID account.

If they don’t already have an Apple ID, they can create one on the Apple ID webpage. They would need one Apple ID to use Apple TV services, but two accounts could let them have their own personal content, play history and recommendations. For more information, see the Apple ID FAQ webpage.

Account management works best on an Apple device, or on a PC with the iTunes application, or on an Android with the Apple Music app.

Apple TV Bix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.