Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad stuck on updating Apple ID settings

After ios update, when starting up, after welcome screen and entering Passcode, the ipad is stuck on "updating iPad settings". I haven't seen a solution to this though the question was asked months ago.

There is no way to progress around this, change wifi, etc.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 10:20 AM

Those instructions did not work for me.

However, in case it helps others here is what worked:

Installing the update, when your device connects to your Wifi network, it registers as a NEW device. If you have any parental software like Circle or other, you will need to re-add the iPad as a new device into your secure home network.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 10:20 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Those instructions did not work for me.

However, in case it helps others here is what worked:

Installing the update, when your device connects to your Wifi network, it registers as a NEW device. If you have any parental software like Circle or other, you will need to re-add the iPad as a new device into your secure home network.

Nov 13, 2020 9:05 AM in response to ZM_susan

Hi  ZM_susan,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your iPad being stuck on "Update Apple ID Settings".

Have you tried following through further instructions with the message? Is there anything that asks for your device passcode? Is there any approval required from another device?

If the issue continues, please visit Get Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Ipad stuck on updating Apple ID settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.