You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FINDING CONTACTS USING DAIL PAD

Why won't apple add the simple update of being able to search and find contacts by simply using the dial pad like on Android? Or would somebody then please tell me the the use of the T9 letters in the dail pad? Anybody?

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 9:49 AM

That is not a feature of the iPhone. If you are searching for a contact, then search the contact's name, not their number. And before you say it, yes I remember T9, which was all there was at that time, which is much easier to search a contacts name than to try and type in a number. I don't see it coming back, but you are able to provide feedback to Apple here if you wish to see that feature. www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html Doesn't mean you will see it, but that is the only way Apple uses for feedback.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2020 9:49 AM in response to Odwarific

That is not a feature of the iPhone. If you are searching for a contact, then search the contact's name, not their number. And before you say it, yes I remember T9, which was all there was at that time, which is much easier to search a contacts name than to try and type in a number. I don't see it coming back, but you are able to provide feedback to Apple here if you wish to see that feature. www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html Doesn't mean you will see it, but that is the only way Apple uses for feedback.

FINDING CONTACTS USING DAIL PAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.