Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A key 10 image slide with build in transitions automatically advances to my next slide regardless of what I do--

Please help me figure out how to prevent this key slide from automatically advancing.

Long version:

I created a slide that involves 10 images automatically transitioning to create a cool collage of images on the slide. I need this "collage slide" to stay on the screen while I complete my presentation point until I manually click the collage slide to advance to the next slide.

However, I can not figure out how to keep the collage slide on the screen--it automatically advances to the next slide no matter what I do...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Doug Wilks’ PowerBook G4 15"

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 12:59 PM

Check the following:

• Inspector > Document > Document Presentation Type dropdown is set to Normal

• Inspector > Animations > Start Transition dropdown is set to: On Click

• you have not made a Recorded slide show (Play > Record Slideshow)
3 replies

Nov 8, 2020 1:46 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank you so much for your troubleshooting help!

However, 1) My Keynote is set to Normal 2) The Start Transition is set to On Click and 3) I have not made a recorded slide show, yet I'm still at a standstill on my issue.

My collage slide this way: I begin on my static Title slide in my presentation. Upon clicking my title slide (slide #1), my collage slide (slide #2) launches and over the course of about 40 seconds, 10 different still photos begin appearing with a 4 second duration time between each still photo until all 10 photos create a cool collage effect on the screen.

Once my 10th still photo appears, completing the collage, I want the completed collage slide to stay on the screen until I click to advance the next slide.

However, for some reason, once that 10th photo appears for 4 seconds thus completing the collage slide, the whole slide then automatically advances to my next slide (slide #3) in the presentation.

What I'm trying to do is have the collage slide stay on the screen after that 10th still photo appears for as long as I need. Then, and only then, do I want to click to advance from the collage slide to my next slide (slide #3).

Hope that helps a bit and thank you in advance for any clarity you can help me with on this! I appreciate it.

Nov 8, 2020 2:35 PM in response to DeeDubb11

Hi Gary,

I've kept playing with every option, and I think I've found a solution.

By changing my title slide (slide#1) Transition from "Automatically" to "On Click" that seems to have oddly impacted whether my second slide--my collage slide--automatically advanced to the third slide after all the still images on the collage slide had populated.

It doesn't seem very intuitive that choosing how a previous slide transitions to a second slide would effect how long the second slide stays on the screen, but that seems to have worked for now.

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback. It helped me cross a few possible issues off my troubleshooting list. Much appreciated.

Thank you!

A key 10 image slide with build in transitions automatically advances to my next slide regardless of what I do--

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.