Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exclude objects from transitioning between slides

Hi,

Is there any possibility to exclude objects from transitioning between slides?

Like having the ability to fix an object (text, image, shape, ...) on 2 slides, while all other objects make the transition that has been set between the slides. Man, that would sooooo usefull for me, because I'm using Keynote a lot for simple animations, and that has always been a pain a the a** not being able to do that... Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:04 AM

Use builds instead of a transition

• Place all the objects for the sequence on to a single slide
  • Select the objects that are to be animated (using command click)
  • Apply the required Build In to the selected objects, go to: Inspector /Animate / Build In
  • click on Add an effect
  • select the required build from the list
  • Do not apply builds to objects that are not to animate

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:04 AM in response to SemLibeert

Use builds instead of a transition

• Place all the objects for the sequence on to a single slide
  • Select the objects that are to be animated (using command click)
  • Apply the required Build In to the selected objects, go to: Inspector /Animate / Build In
  • click on Add an effect
  • select the required build from the list
  • Do not apply builds to objects that are not to animate

Dec 29, 2020 7:27 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your answer.

Currently, I'm using those builds a lot. But because you have place all objects over each other, and you have to use a "build in" and "built out" for each object, that makes the files very cluttery (sometimes i have 4,5,6 objects placed over each other...)

It would make much more sense to make the builds through transitions between different slides. That would keep the files much more clear. And that's why it would be good to have certain objects not animated in the transition. Say you have a background that must be fixed and only the text should make a sliding animation or something. Hope you understand where I'm getting at. I use keynote only for simple animations (short videos for socials, logo-animations, ...)

Exclude objects from transitioning between slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.