Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I got a new iPhone XS Max I transferred all of my device info from my xr to my xs but my photos on my XR weren’t backed up if I reset my xr and delete the photos will they delete from the new device they were transferred to the xs max

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 8:03 PM

Once you transfer your data from your old iPhone XR to your new iPhone XS Max, verify that it is done thoroughly.

Then you want to sign out of iCloud, etc. on your old XR. See What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This will ensure that the data on your new phone stays intact (does not get deleted) if you wipe the old phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2020 8:03 PM in response to Phototransferifnotbackedup

Once you transfer your data from your old iPhone XR to your new iPhone XS Max, verify that it is done thoroughly.

Then you want to sign out of iCloud, etc. on your old XR. See What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This will ensure that the data on your new phone stays intact (does not get deleted) if you wipe the old phone.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.