Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete all my photos and still have them saved on iCloud on old phone

how do I delete all photos on this phone that got transferred over from old phone with iCloud? Will those photos be saved on iCloud on old phone if deleted on the new one ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:13 PM

No, if you delete photos from any device that syncs to iCloud they will be deleted from iCloud and all other devices that sync to iCloud.

The only way to delete photos from just one device is to go to Settings[your name]/iCloud and turn off Photos, and when it asks if you want to save the photos on that device say NO. Then never turn Photos on again, or they will all come back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 5:13 PM in response to madisson241

No, if you delete photos from any device that syncs to iCloud they will be deleted from iCloud and all other devices that sync to iCloud.

The only way to delete photos from just one device is to go to Settings[your name]/iCloud and turn off Photos, and when it asks if you want to save the photos on that device say NO. Then never turn Photos on again, or they will all come back.

Can I delete all my photos and still have them saved on iCloud on old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.