Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay ios 14.2 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Today, after updated to ios 14.2, the Enter command with tap the touchpad controller is not more working

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 1:09 AM

20 replies

Nov 9, 2020 1:42 AM in response to AndreasHal

Which "touchpad controller "

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images / pictures speak louder than words. Do not provide any personal credentials, such as email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable. Etc.

Nov 13, 2020 12:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

And this is exactly my problem. I can reportet this issue to the car company.

What do You think, how fast i get an answer? Two or three month, or longer. The car company did‘n know, what Apple change in the 14.2 version.

i use the carplay over 3 years with all ios version up to the 14.2 without any problems.

look at

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/carplay-probleme-seit-iphone-update-auf-ios-14-2-t6979485.html

sorry is a germany forum

also problems with

CLA Shooting Brake CarPlay.

A Class Mercedes

Mazda CX5

Nov 13, 2020 6:03 PM in response to AndreasHal

I would have no idea about how long the company may take to respond. The fact is, that any company that uses CarPlay gets access to the software before the public to ensure their devices work with it. They would need to test it and work with Apple if necessary.

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If the troubleshooting steps that I provided don't work for you, then use the link at the top of the page here to Contact Support.

Nov 15, 2020 8:49 AM in response to caninepotato

You can disagree if you wish. That is your option. However, it is up to them to tell you if they have tested against the new iOS and if it supports it or not. But it is not Apple's responsibility to release an OS compatible with previous CarPlay firmware. Apple provides the software for CarPlay, it is the manufacturer's responsibility to implement it. They need to figure it out.

Nov 15, 2020 11:57 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris i agree, what you wrote.

But i have the problem, i’m sitting in the middle of two chairs. On the one side is Apple, they define the carplay, on the other side is the car manufacturers , the implement the display.

The result is, i can not more work with my iphone in the car with carplay.

That means, carplay make in the future no sense anymore...

look at the Apple compatibility list... yes Mitsubishi is on this list.

By the way, no warnings on the update 14.2, it can be get problems by carplay!!

Nov 18, 2020 6:17 AM in response to AndreasHal

I have contacted Mitsubishi in the Netherlands and this is the reply: “At the moment, however, we have no solution for this. Because this is probably due to the update from Apple, we often see that the solution must also come from Apple. This can, for example, be resolved with a subsequent IOS update.

In the meantime, you can operate the navigation system via the screen.”

We have to wait for the IOS update.

Nov 22, 2020 9:45 PM in response to NoxyMe

Yes, I am in Australia, and this has happened to me with my iphone 8PLUS after the 14.2 update ie 'the Enter command with tap the touchpad controller is not working anymore'. I went back to Mitsubishi and they tested my carplay with their iphone XS and the Touchpad Controller responded perfectly, so they are saying the update has caused an incompatibility issue with certain iphone models, perhaps the ones older than iphone X?

Nov 23, 2020 6:24 PM in response to NoxyMe

Did some further fault finding today whilst out in the EC. One thing I found is that CarPlay does see the button press but does not action the press. If you go to the CarPlay Dashboard, which displays the map along with Siri suggestions and the running apps try this:

Use the trackpad to highlight the Pause/Play button of the Music app window in the Dashboard view. In my EC it highlights in grey not blue. With the button highlighted press down on the trackpad and you should see the button highlight flicker as you press down.

This tells me CarPlay is "seeing" the button press but not processing the action as required further pointing to CarPlay as the cause and not the EC. In the Now Playing screen there is no visual feedback to the button press. Only in the Dashboard.

Carplay ios 14.2 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.