Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.2 Carplay knob button input bug

Anyone having problem with Carplay after the IOS 14.2 update with the knob car button? I cant seem to use the main knob to “enter” for my Mazda CX3 2017. Everthing else - knob dial, side music, map or home button are all working expect for the main center knob button. Even touchscreen works out fine. Please help.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 1:00 PM

ios 14.2 carplay issues - Apple Community

I found a solution from the above discussion thread. It appears that there is a conflict between "Assistive Touch" and car knob's "enter" (or "click") function in CarPlay with IOS 14.2 update. Once disabled the "Assistive Touch", my 2019 Mazda CX9 car knob's "enter"(or "click") function starts working properly again in CarPlay with IOS 14.2 update.

To disable the "Assistive Touch": Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch, tap AssistiveTouch to turn it Off.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 1:00 PM in response to RizzRapp

ios 14.2 carplay issues - Apple Community

I found a solution from the above discussion thread. It appears that there is a conflict between "Assistive Touch" and car knob's "enter" (or "click") function in CarPlay with IOS 14.2 update. Once disabled the "Assistive Touch", my 2019 Mazda CX9 car knob's "enter"(or "click") function starts working properly again in CarPlay with IOS 14.2 update.

To disable the "Assistive Touch": Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch, tap AssistiveTouch to turn it Off.

Nov 23, 2020 2:20 AM in response to RizzRapp

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Nov 27, 2020 12:21 PM in response to RizzRapp

The same issue happened to my Mazda CX9 2019. The car knob's "enter" (or "click") function stop working after the IOS 14.2 update. I have tried an old iPhone 6 with IOS 12.4.9 with the same iPhone cable, and the car knob's "enter" (or "click") working properly, so I am positive that nothing's wrong with the car's knob itself. After switched back to my own iPhone with IOS 14.2, the car knob's "enter" (or "click") function stop working immediately. It seems to be a software bug in Carplay with IOS 14.2 update.

IOS 14.2 Carplay knob button input bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.