Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio adjustment when using carplay

I've been having issues with the volume adjustment on my 2021 Ford Explorer while using Apple Car play. On Bluetooth I can adjust the volume of my music or call with no issues. As soon as I plug in the cable and it kicks over to Apple Car play I lose the ability to adjust the volume up or down. Instead, the "prompt" volume is being adjusted. Has anyone found a fix? Is this is a known bug with Apple IOS?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:21 PM

Never had any issues with CarPlay on any of my vehicles. The issue very well could be a situation where your vehicle head unit needs a firmware update or a problem with your system between the head unit and the USB port that you connect to. Might want to also pose this question on a Ford Explorer owners forum to see if this is a common issue with the Ford Explorer. Also check to see if your head unit has any available updates (either OTA that you can do yourself or one you have to let a service center install for you)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Dina030

Never had any issues with CarPlay on any of my vehicles. The issue very well could be a situation where your vehicle head unit needs a firmware update or a problem with your system between the head unit and the USB port that you connect to. Might want to also pose this question on a Ford Explorer owners forum to see if this is a common issue with the Ford Explorer. Also check to see if your head unit has any available updates (either OTA that you can do yourself or one you have to let a service center install for you)

Audio adjustment when using carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.