Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The wheel keeps spinning

iPhone SE

The wheel next to the WiFi signal in the top left corner just keeps spinning, killing my battery. I’ve checked software updates, closed all open apps, turned the phone off, done a hard restart multiple times. Nothing makes the wheel stop spinning! Been going on for weeks. Is this a glitch of the SE?! Help!

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 5:12 PM

Busymom41 Said:

"The wheel keeps spinning: iPhone SE The wheel next to the WiFi signal in the top left corner just keeps spinning, killing my battery. I’ve checked software updates, closed all open apps, turned the phone off, done a hard restart multiple times. Nothing makes the wheel stop spinning! Been going on for weeks. Is this a glitch of the SE?! Help!"

-------

Try Updating Using a Computer:

If you could not update from your iPhone, then try using your computer (PC or Mac)

Use a PC or a Mac to Update it:

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone.

Important: Be sure to back up your iPhone, that way you have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update.

Also...

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 5:12 PM in response to Busymom41

Busymom41 Said:

"The wheel keeps spinning: iPhone SE The wheel next to the WiFi signal in the top left corner just keeps spinning, killing my battery. I’ve checked software updates, closed all open apps, turned the phone off, done a hard restart multiple times. Nothing makes the wheel stop spinning! Been going on for weeks. Is this a glitch of the SE?! Help!"

-------

Try Updating Using a Computer:

If you could not update from your iPhone, then try using your computer (PC or Mac)

Use a PC or a Mac to Update it:

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer. That way you can have something to restore you iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update installation.

2. Then, Update Using Links:

Disable Cellular when updating on the iPhone.

Important: Be sure to back up your iPhone, that way you have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the update.

Also...

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

The wheel keeps spinning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.