Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired headphones thinking it is bluetooth and wireless

I have just got some wired iphone headphones, and each time i plug them into the phone it trys to set them up like they are bluetooth.

I've not had this before, so wondering of it is setting I need to change? Any ideas ?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:50 AM

Hi Stevio1979,

It sounds like after you tried to connect your wired headphones to your iPhone your device thinks they are wireless and Bluetooth, not wired with a direct connection. Headphones offer a great alternative to listen to audio on your iPhone without interrupting others. We're glad you reached out for help.

Take a look at the resource below for help when your headphones are not working.

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you still have issues with the connection reach back out to the community with more information about the type of headphones and what you see when you connect them.

Have a good day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Stevio1979

Hi Stevio1979,

It sounds like after you tried to connect your wired headphones to your iPhone your device thinks they are wireless and Bluetooth, not wired with a direct connection. Headphones offer a great alternative to listen to audio on your iPhone without interrupting others. We're glad you reached out for help.

Take a look at the resource below for help when your headphones are not working.

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you still have issues with the connection reach back out to the community with more information about the type of headphones and what you see when you connect them.

Have a good day!

Wired headphones thinking it is bluetooth and wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.