Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Wired headphones + Bluetooth

I just bought another pair of wired white earbuds for my phone. It keeps asking me to connect with Bluetooth? I have never had to do this before & so should I buy another pair or how can I can avoid this? It is freaking annoying.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 2:49 PM

I have contacted Apple. They said that I needed to buy a new splitter which I bought the one they told me to buy when she spoke and I still have the same issue. Every time I plug in a wired headset it tries to connect as Bluetooth.

Similar questions

4 replies

May 30, 2023 1:35 PM in response to Canram66

Based on the information provided, it seems like there might be a setting on your iPhone that's causing this issue. Let's try a couple of troubleshooting steps before considering buying another pair of earbuds.

Firstly, check if there's any debris or dust in the headphone jack of your iPhone. Sometimes, particles can interfere with the proper connection and cause the Bluetooth prompt to appear. Take a close look and gently clean the jack using a soft, lint-free cloth or a cotton swab.

If the issue persists, it's worth checking your iPhone's audio output settings. Go to "Settings" on your iPhone, then tap on "Sounds & Haptics." Make sure that "Change with Buttons" is toggled off, as having it on can sometimes trigger the Bluetooth prompt.

If none of the above steps solve the issue, you can try resetting your iPhone's settings. Note that this won't erase your data but will restore your device's settings to default. Go to "Settings," tap on "General," then "Reset," and choose "Reset All Settings." After the reset is complete, test your wired earbuds again and see if the Bluetooth prompt disappears.

If you still encounter issues, it might be helpful to contact Apple Support for further assistance. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Here are a couple of Apple Support articles that may provide additional guidance:

1. Get help with the audio on your iPhone

2. If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Mar 28, 2024 5:38 PM in response to Canram66

Throw them away, mine that I just ordered are doing the same. There is no reason that a wired headset should need to connect to Bluetooth. I bought them for that reason. I guess I’ll have to find a pair from 10 years ago.

And yes Apple I have shut my Bluetooth off multiple times and nothing else is connected and they won’t work unless it’s through Bluetooth.

bluetooth headphones mess up your brain, do a quick google search and you will see the signal has to connect to the other headphone somehow and that signal is going through your head.

Wired headphones + Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.