iPhone wired earbuds needing Bluetooth

I have read the threads here where people are asking about wired earbuds needing Bluetooth. The tech support canned response is to turn off and restart or make sure the iOS is up to date. The problem is that there are aftermarket earbud replacements, I know of and have used some from 5 below, that are actually identical to the wired earbuds that used to come with an iPhone that plug into the lightning jack, but they are actually Bluetooth headphones that use the lightning jack to power them rather than be run through the lightning jack for sound. The question that should be addressed is how to put them into pairing mode so they work with the phone. I was plugged into my phone but listening to music on my wife’s phone because they were paired with her phone. I hope this helps the Apple support database to have more pertinent information than just the two things most people do before they even contact support.

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 3:17 PM

If I understand your post, you are referring to non-Apple wired earbuds that rely on Bluetooth. Is that correct?

If so, how you would pair them should be provided by the manufacturer of these earbuds. Otherwise, Apple provides this support article for third-party devices:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 3:17 PM in response to mecremeens

If I understand your post, you are referring to non-Apple wired earbuds that rely on Bluetooth. Is that correct?

If so, how you would pair them should be provided by the manufacturer of these earbuds. Otherwise, Apple provides this support article for third-party devices:

iPhone wired earbuds needing Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.