Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing JBL Tune 230NC TWS earbuds with a MacBook Air

I had a lot of trouble pairing JBL Tune 230NC TWS earbuds with my MacBook Air after previously having used them with my iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 16.11.

Obviously I disconnected the earbuds from the iPhone first but the MacBook could not Bluetooth discover the earbuds.

After trying all the other recommended instructions which didn't work, only after completely powering off the iPhone could I pair the earbuds to my MacBook.

After that I could toggle between MacBook and iPhone normally and no problems since.

My question is why?

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 10:24 AM

I can't say why but here is what I did, turn off phone bluetooth (it will connect to phone first). Then take buds out of case be sure they are flashing blue, then open computer bluetooth if its off turn it on, if its on turn it off then on. If you're lucky (ha ha) the earbuds will then pop up on your computer. You can then turn your Bluetooth back on your phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 10:24 AM in response to marqqq

I can't say why but here is what I did, turn off phone bluetooth (it will connect to phone first). Then take buds out of case be sure they are flashing blue, then open computer bluetooth if its off turn it on, if its on turn it off then on. If you're lucky (ha ha) the earbuds will then pop up on your computer. You can then turn your Bluetooth back on your phone.

Pairing JBL Tune 230NC TWS earbuds with a MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.