Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch S3 music sync issues

Hello there,

I have few issues with music sync on my Apple Watch S3.

1. I have few mp3 files sync'ed to my iPhone stored in two playlists. (total of about 44 songs)
  2. I added those two playlists on the Watch app to be sync'ed to the watch.
  3. When I charge my watch, the playlists are sync'ed but with fewer songs in each (than on iPhone) - one has 13 and the other has 11.
  4. On the watch, when I go to the Music app and tap the option "On iPhone" > "Playlists" and check the playlist contents, I see fewer songs (13, 11) than iPhone - (these reduced lists of songs are the ones sync'ed to Watch too)

I tried restarting the iPhone and Watch in sequence but it did not help. Is there any solution to get all 44 songs sync'ed?

Appreciate any help!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 6:29 AM

I think I figured it and found a workaround.

Potential cause:

To make space for a WatchOS update, I unselected/deleted the playlists from Music section of the Watch app on the iPhone. When I selected them back (post the update), only few songs got sync'ed. It seems that there is a timestamp being used as reference to "identify" which songs need to be sync'ed.

While I don't have exact cause and a solution, the following worked for me -

1. Remove the songs from iTunes library
  2. Sync the iPhone
  3. Add the songs back to iTunes library
  4. Sync the iPhone again

The next time Watch was charged, the songs are all sync'ed!!

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 6:29 AM in response to ragopu

I think I figured it and found a workaround.

Potential cause:

To make space for a WatchOS update, I unselected/deleted the playlists from Music section of the Watch app on the iPhone. When I selected them back (post the update), only few songs got sync'ed. It seems that there is a timestamp being used as reference to "identify" which songs need to be sync'ed.

While I don't have exact cause and a solution, the following worked for me -

1. Remove the songs from iTunes library
  2. Sync the iPhone
  3. Add the songs back to iTunes library
  4. Sync the iPhone again

The next time Watch was charged, the songs are all sync'ed!!

Thanks!

Apple watch S3 music sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.