Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to give my old iphone to my son. how do i put it in his name?

I want to give my iphone 6 to my son since I got another. How do I put it in his name?

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 8:48 AM

What I would do is completely erase the phone and then set it up as new using his Apple ID. See: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can enter a name for the phone at Settings > General > About > Phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 8:48 AM in response to Tessies

What I would do is completely erase the phone and then set it up as new using his Apple ID. See: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can enter a name for the phone at Settings > General > About > Phone.

Nov 10, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Tessies

See this support guide:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you perform the steps provided in the above article, your model 6 should be as it it were new (your son can use a different Apple ID and a new name)

Just to change the name = Settings>General>About>Name...tap there and input the new name.

Regards

Giulio

I need to give my old iphone to my son. how do i put it in his name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.