Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW IPAD

My original ipad is 6 years old and registered in my name. my wife has bought a new one and wants to set it up in her name and transfer some but not all of the data. How do we do that?

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:25 AM

As described, your wife should set-up the new iPad “as new” from the initial “hello” screen - signing-in to her own AppleID; a new AppleID account can be created if your wife’s account does not already exist.

Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Having set-up the iPad, you can selectively transfer files using AirDrop - or selectively share files/folders via iCloud.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 6:25 AM in response to PaulRB7

As described, your wife should set-up the new iPad “as new” from the initial “hello” screen - signing-in to her own AppleID; a new AppleID account can be created if your wife’s account does not already exist.

Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Having set-up the iPad, you can selectively transfer files using AirDrop - or selectively share files/folders via iCloud.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

NEW IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.