Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can family sharing members of iCloud storage see or access each other's files?

If I set up family sharing of iCloud storage, can my wife and I share files with each other as well as access each other's storage. Currently we use drop box and share files with each other routinely.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:33 AM

See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

You can of course still share data in the same ways that you could if you were not sharing iCloud storage. See: Share folders with iCloud Drive - Apple Support and How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 11:33 AM in response to Clydearch

See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

You can of course still share data in the same ways that you could if you were not sharing iCloud storage. See: Share folders with iCloud Drive - Apple Support and How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Can family sharing members of iCloud storage see or access each other's files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.